New Orleans nicknamed the "Big Easy," is known for its round-the-clock nightlife, vibrant live-music scene and spicy, singular cuisine reflecting its history as a melting pot of French, African and American cultures. Embodying its festive spirit is Mardi Gras.
Following Mardi Gras in springtime is Jazz Fest, celebrating New Orleans as the birthplace of the genre. Lively bars and cafes line Bourbon Street, which runs through the center of the architecturally ornate French Quarter. This area is also home to several iconic Creole and Cajun restaurants serving dishes like gumbo and jambalaya. The Garden District is known for well-preserved antebellum mansions in styles like Italianate and Victorian. In Faubourg Marigny, Frenchmen Street is home to bars and clubs offering live jazz, blues and rock music.
Location:Baton Rouge, LA Baton Rouge
Start date:February 3, 2020
Pro Health Staffing is seeking a Telemetry Registered Nurse (RN).
The Registered Nurse in Telemetry will provide a comforting, safe and healing environment for patients and their families in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Telemetry nurses work with patients that require special monitoring, including those recently released from the intensive care unit of a hospital.
- The Telemetry Registered Nurse (RN) must be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills in the care of his/her patients.
- Each department and service area may also require specialized skills.
- The delivery of care is based on criteria that are age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient.
- The Registered Nurse may rotate to other areas other than his/her normally assigned service area/s and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency.
- Performs duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery.
- Telemetry nurses review data from special equipment to track a patient’s heart rate, blood pressure, breathing and other vitals.
- Must have the capacity to foster a positive work environment, be professional and display positive support of the organization.
- Cares for patients across the lifespan, ranging in age from infant to geriatric.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License, current BLS certification, and other certification requirements to work in telemetry and specialized departments.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Registered Nursing; BSN desirable.
- 1 to 2 years’ acute care/ specialty nursing is desirable; able to articulate and demonstrate appropriate nursing theory and practice.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care.
- Displays appropriate judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.