Pro Health Staffing is seeking a Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN)
The Psychiatric Registered Nurse, will provide professional nursing care to emotionally disturbed and/or mentally ill patients and work with clinical and case management staff to coordinate care and assist in treatment plans.
- Conducts intake assessments through interviews with patients and relatives to gather case history.
- Monitors the vital signs of patients.
- Consults with psychiatrists and other behavioral health staff in designing appropriate treatment plans for clients.
- Delivers and notes reactions to psychotropic drugs and other medications.
- Responsible for making sure that the medical, as well as the emotional needs of the patient, are adequately met throughout the entire process.
- Psychiatric RN's help patients understand what is causing their emotional disturbances and help them accept the need for treatment.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN), Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), or Diploma from an Accredited School of Nursing.
- BLS and NRP certification required.
- Registered Nursing License: Current In-State license in good standing or Compact Nursing License.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, departmental team player, and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills at an individual and team level, ability to be flexible, and adjust quickly and react positively to change.
- Considerable knowledge of principles, practices and current trends in nursing, positive attitude and good work ethics.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.