Alexandria, Louisiana is a growing, vibrant, and historic city located in the geographic center of the state of Louisiana. A small Southern city with big city amenities: a world-class airport, two award-winning and leading hospitals, one of the best small zoological parks in the country, five outstanding golf courses (including The Links on the Bayou, Golf Digest’s Best Public Course in Louisiana), great shopping, and unparalleled access to the great outdoors, which is why National Geographic Traveler named Alexandria one of the top ten “wilderness towns” in the nation.
Alexandria is a great place to raise a family and a great place to start a business. Business Insider named Alexandria one of the “20 Best Cities for Finding a Job,” and among small cities, Alexandria placed seventh in the country for one-year job growth and tenth for one-year wage and salary growth.
Specialty:OR - Circulating
Location:Alexandria, LA 71301
Pro Health Staffing is seeking a Circulating Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN)
The Circulating Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN), also known as Perioperative Nursing, will ensure the safety of patient within the period of an operation.
Coordinates with the healthcare team to provide the best care for the patients.
- Monitors the vital signs of patients during operations and uses observation, knowledge, and assessment skills to foresee essential needs for the success of the operation.
- Assumes the role of an active observer, carefully watching any unintended or unanticipated event that could compromise the patient.
- The Circulating Operating Room Registered Nurse must accurately assess the current situation during the operation and be able to respond appropriately to the situation, for the benefit of the patient's biological, psychological, and social health.
- Must have the skills at assessing situations in a fast-paced and often stressful surgical environment.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN), Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), or Diploma from an Accredited School of Nursing.
- BLS and NRP certification required.
- Registered Nursing License: Current In-State license in good standing or Compact Nursing License.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, departmental team player, and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills at an individual and team level, ability to be flexible, and adjust quickly and react positively to change.
- Considerable knowledge of principles, practices and current trends in nursing, positive attitude and good work ethics.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.