ProHealth Staffing is seeking a Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (RN)
The Medical Surgical Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- The Medical Surgical Registered Nurse manages the care of patients in a broad range setting.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs to patient on the Medical Surgical floor.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Must have one year of experience as a Medical Surgical Registered Nurse.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional Registered Nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced Medical Surgical unit.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.