Pro Health Staffing is seeking a Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse (RN)
The Labor and Delivery registered nurse, also known as a perinatal nurse, will provide care and support for women before, during and after delivery of the baby.
- Monitoring the fetal heart rate, and mother’s vital signs
- Responsible for making sure that the medical, as well as the emotional needs of the patient, are adequately met throughout the entire birthing process.
- The Labor and Delivery Nurse will also assist with inducing labor.
- Must have the skills at assessing situations in a fast-paced and often stressful environment of the Labor and Delivery Unit.
- As a labor and delivery registered nurse you are the primary caretakers until the baby is ready to be delivered and the doctor arrives.
- Five+ years of job-related experience with the majority of the experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing; Master’s degree Nursing/Business or equivalent is highly desired.
- Valid NM Nursing license or NM compact license (must acquire NM license within 90 days of hire)
- BLS, ACLS
Ideal candidates will:
- Provide leadership managing the operations, staff and financial aspects of the Med/Surg/ICU department.
- Support the Nursing Administrative Director in achieving optimum performance by ensuring continuity and quality service and care through the management of day-to-day operations.
- Adhere to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
- Possess the ability to influence, motivate, manage, train, counsel and develop staff, and communicate effectively building positive employee relations while possessing knowledge of regulatory standards of compliance.