Alexandria, Louisiana is a growing, vibrant, and historic city located in the geographic center of the state of Louisiana. A small Southern city with big city amenities: a world-class airport, two award-winning and leading hospitals, one of the best small zoological parks in the country, five outstanding golf courses (including The Links on the Bayou, Golf Digest’s Best Public Course in Louisiana), great shopping, and unparalleled access to the great outdoors, which is why National Geographic Traveler named Alexandria one of the top ten “wilderness towns” in the nation.
Alexandria is a great place to raise a family and a great place to start a business. Business Insider named Alexandria one of the “20 Best Cities for Finding a Job,” and among small cities, Alexandria placed seventh in the country for one-year job growth and tenth for one-year wage and salary growth.
Location:Alexandria, LA 71301
Pro Health Staffing is seeking an Emergency Room Registered Nurse (RN) in
The Emergency Room Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct nursing care to patients including neonates, infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- The ER Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patient.
- Responsible for meeting the standards of practice for the Emergency Department and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Provides triage assessment for patients presenting for treatment.
- Performs venipunctures for obtaining specimens for lab tests.
- Routinely provides intervention in emergency, life-threatening situations. Assumes the responsibility of charging the department, as needed.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format, and on the appropriate forms
- A minimum of one-year Emergency Room Registered Nurse (RN) or Critical Care (CCU) experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN), Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), or Diploma from an Accredited School of Nursing.
- BLS and NRP certification required
- Registered Nursing License: Current In-State license in good standing or Compact Nursing License.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, departmental team player, and good written and verbal communication skills,
- Interpersonal skills at an individual and team level, ability to be flexible, and adjust quickly and react positively to change.
- Considerable knowledge of principles, practices and current trends in nursing, Positive attitude and good work ethics.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.