ProHealth Staffing is seeking a Dialysis Registered Nurse.
The Dialysis Registered Nurse will provide care and support for patients suffering from acute and chronic renal (kidney) failure. They assist pre- and during dialysis procedures, following physician orders.
- Primes dialyzer and bloodlines
- Check vital sign and records, along with medical information.
- Readies dialysis equipment, and oversees the dialysis treatment from start to finish
- Demonstrates the ability to remove femoral sheaths & administer medications, including thrombolytics
- Cleans and dresses permanent and temporary catheters
- Monitors patient and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, and interprets and records information
- Identifies irregular dialysis reactions and notifies appropriate medical team members
- Secures blood works
- Educates patients and family members, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs, diet/nutrition/exercise programs, self-administration of medication, if needed
- Provides pre- and post procedure care to patients within the Hemodialysis Unit
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN), Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), or Diploma from an Accredited School of Nursing.
- BLS and NRP certification required
- Registered Nursing License: Current In-State license in good standing or Compact Nursing License.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, departmental team player, and good written and verbal communication skills,
- Interpersonal skills at an individual and team level, ability to be flexible, and adjust quickly and react positively to change.
- Considerable knowledge of principles, practices and current trends in nursing, Positive attitude and good work ethics.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.