ProHealth is seeking a Coronary Care Unit Registered Nurse.
The Coronary Care Registered Nurse will work to promote optimal cardiovascular health among clients through preventative measures that involve health counseling, screening, and stress tests, as well as treating already occurring diseases.
Managing hypertension, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias and other heart conditions
- Evaluating and monitoring heart devices, such as pacemakers and defibrillators
- Performing a wide variety of cardiac tests, including stress tests, stress echocardiograms, exercise stress tests, PET/dipyridamole stress tests, and CT coronary angiograms
- Providing physical exams so as to diagnose chronic and acute cardiac diseases
- Interpreting laboratory results or cardiac tests
- Prescribing and managing cardiac medications and other therapies
- Educating patients on health maintenance and disease prevention
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN), Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), or Diploma from an Accredited School of Nursing.
- BLS, and NRP certification required.
- Registered Nursing License: Current In-State license in good standing or Compact Nursing License.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, departmental team player, and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills at an individual and team level, ability to be flexible, and adjust quickly and react positively to change.
- Considerable knowledge of principles, practices and current trends in nursing, positive attitude and good work ethics.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.