ProHealth Staffing is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager.
The Registered Nurse Case Manager's primary duties are evaluating the performance of staff nurses, providing feedback and mentoring, developing education programs, contributing to staff professional development, interviewing and hiring nurses and medical staff, developing departmental budgets, and maintaining the inventory of medicines, equipment, and supplies. More tasks and responsibilities include:
- The Registered Nurse Case Manager Performs continuous assessments and evaluations to ensure the patient is progressing towards desired outcomes.
- Assesses and responds to patient/family needs by coordinating efforts of other team members.
- Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient care.
- Collaborates and consults with physicians on patient's progress and discharge planning needs.
- Performs utilization review ensuring admissions meet criteria for appropriateness of care and medical necessity.
- Manages the process to review and, as appropriate, appeal denials received from payees.
- Coordinates the discharge planning process ensuring involvement of all members of the healthcare team. Counsels with patients’ and their family members in the decision-making and social needs of the patient.
- Maintains knowledge of resources and facilities available to patients and family members.
- Collaborates with personnel at other facilities to coordinate smooth and effective patient transfers and transitions.
- Compiles, evaluate, and reports statistics to members of the team, and will utilize the information to facilitate process improvement activities.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care as a nurse manager.
- Minimum 1 year of experience .
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN), Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), or Diploma from an Accredited School of Nursing.
- BLS and NRP certification required.
- Registered Nursing License: Current In-State license in good standing or Compact Nursing License.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, departmental team player, and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills at an individual and team level, ability to be flexible, and adjust quickly and react positively to change.
- Considerable knowledge of principles, practices and current trends in nursing, positive attitude and good work ethics.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.