ProHealth Staffing is seeking a Pharmacy Technician
The Pharmacy Technician takes exceptional care of people by assisting the Pharmacist in the safe, accurate, and timely dispensing of medications and the maintenance of pharmacy inventory. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- The Pharmacy Technician may be required to oversee the technician operations of the Pharmacy.
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Required to work with pharmacist to prepare medications, screen prescriptions, and supply patients with correctly filled medication orders.
- Performs tasks involved with storage, distribution, packaging, and labeling of drugs.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Completes associated record keeping and charging activities.
- Works under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Participates in performance improvement activities within Pharmacy and with outside departments to identify and rectify problems.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Basic Computer/Keyboarding Skills
- Must be able to lift/carry 30lb independently
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, departmental team player, and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills at an individual and team level, ability to be flexible, and adjust quickly and react positively to change.
- Considerable knowledge of principles, practices and current trends in nursing, positive attitude and good work ethics.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.