ProHealth Staffing is seeking a Patient Service Representative
The Patient Service Representative will provide support for the daily activities of a medical office including filing, telephone coverage, appointment scheduling, registration, and patient referrals by performing the following duties.
- Answers the telephone and either responds to inquiries or directs caller to appropriate personnel or initiates a triage slip
for response by medical personnel.
- Schedules appointments and makes follow up calls.
- Provides exemplary customer service; treats patients and coworkers with courtesy and discretion. Greets and
directs patients, salespeople, and visitors.
- Verifies patients insurance and determines eligibility.
- Registers patients by verifying that patient's records are up to date and accurate. Makes appropriate changes in
computer system and on patient's chart.
- Collects payment from patients, applies payments and adjustments to patient accounts.
- Takes messages and delivers them to health professionals.
- Reviews medical records for completeness, assembles records into standard order, and files records in designated
areas according to applicable alphabetic and numeric filing systems.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience required.