San Antonio, the home of The Alamo, an 18th-century Spanish mission preserved as a museum, marks an infamous 1836 battle for Texan independence from Mexico. Following the San Antonio River, the River Walk is a landmark pedestrian promenade lined with cafes and shops. Downton San Antonio also features HemisFair Park’s 750-ft. Tower of the Americas which overlooks the city.
The San Antonio Missions National Historical Park maintains 4 Spanish missions in San Antonio, including the 18th-century Mission San José. Downtown’s San Fernando Cathedral is a Gothic Revival landmark, while the King William Historic District shelters 19th-century mansions. Art museums include the San Antonio Museum of Art (SAMA), with Latin American, Asian and ancient Egyptian galleries, and the stately McNay Art Museum, exhibiting European and American masterpieces. The San Antonio Botanical Garden showcases Texan flowers and plants. Also, Brackenridge Park is home to the popular San Antonio Zoo.
Profession:Allied Health Professional
Specialty:Sterile Processing Tech
Location:San Antonio, TX 78207
Prohealth Staffing is seeking a Sterile Processing Technician.
The Sterile Processing Technician will collect, clean, decontaminate, disinfect and/or sterilize surgical instruments, trays and packs, reusable medical devices and patient care equipment according to established standards and procedures to ensure sterile and functioning supply of materials and equipment.
- Knowledge of reusable surgical instruments, and power equipment.
- Knowledge and operation of sterile processing equipment (washers, steam, gas, ultrasonic and chemical sterilizers).
- Knowledge of cleaning of patient care equipment.
- Knowledge of different types of sterilization materials and equipment to chose the appropriate method of sterilization for particular equipment or supplies.
- Document and maintain accurate sterilization records.
- Inspect, assemble and test general and specialty instrumentation for proper functioning. Perform simple maintenance on equipment (i.e.: clean filters and drains).
- Manage inventory of supplies and materials used for sterilization.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, departmental team player, and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills at an individual and team level, ability to be flexible, and adjust quickly and react positively to change.
- Considerable knowledge of principles, practices and current trends in nursing, positive attitude and good work ethics.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.