New Orleans nicknamed the "Big Easy," is known for its round-the-clock nightlife, vibrant live-music scene and spicy, singular cuisine reflecting its history as a melting pot of French, African and American cultures. Embodying its festive spirit is Mardi Gras.
Following Mardi Gras in springtime is Jazz Fest, celebrating New Orleans as the birthplace of the genre. Lively bars and cafes line Bourbon Street, which runs through the center of the architecturally ornate French Quarter. This area is also home to several iconic Creole and Cajun restaurants serving dishes like gumbo and jambalaya. The Garden District is known for well-preserved antebellum mansions in styles like Italianate and Victorian. In Faubourg Marigny, Frenchmen Street is home to bars and clubs offering live jazz, blues and rock music.
Profession:Allied Health Professional
Specialty:Sterile Processing Tech
Location:New Orleans, LA 70112
Prohealth Staffing is seeking a Sterile Processing Technician.
The Sterile Processing Technician will collect, clean, decontaminate, disinfect and/or sterilize surgical instruments, trays and packs, reusable medical devices and patient care equipment according to established standards and procedures to ensure sterile and functioning supply of materials and equipment.
- Knowledge of reusable surgical instruments, and power equipment.
- Knowledge and operation of sterile processing equipment (washers, steam, gas, ultrasonic and chemical sterilizers).
- Knowledge of cleaning of patient care equipment.
- Knowledge of different types of sterilization materials and equipment to chose the appropriate method of sterilization for particular equipment or supplies.
- Document and maintain accurate sterilization records.
- Inspect, assemble and test general and specialty instrumentation for proper functioning. Perform simple maintenance on equipment (i.e.: clean filters and drains).
- Manage inventory of supplies and materials used for sterilization.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, departmental team player, and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills at an individual and team level, ability to be flexible, and adjust quickly and react positively to change.
- Considerable knowledge of principles, practices and current trends in nursing, positive attitude and good work ethics.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.