Pro Health Staffing is seeking a Medical Technologist.
The Medical Technologist will provide information for disease diagnosis, treatment, and prevention through laboratory tests.
- Determines normal and abnormal components of body fluids by conducting chemical analyses of blood, urine, spinal fluids, and gastric juices.
- The Medical Technologist Prepares blood, plasma, and platelets for transfusions by conducting blood group, type, and compatibility tests.
- Operates and maintains laboratory instrumentation.
- Conserves laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides medical technology information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares reports of technological findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects the hospital by keeping information confidential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology
- At least one year of experience in the medical technology field.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, departmental team player, and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills at an individual and team level, ability to be flexible, and adjust quickly and react positively to change.
- Considerable knowledge of principles, practices and current trends in nursing, positive attitude and good work ethics.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.