Seattle, known as The Emerald City, is surrounded by water, mountains and evergreen forests, and contains thousands of acres of parkland. Washington State’s largest city, it’s home to a large tech industry, with Microsoft and Amazon headquartered in its metropolitan area. The futuristic Space Needle, a 1962 World’s Fair legacy, is its most iconic landmark.
Location:Seattle, WA 98112
Pay Rate: $42/hour
Pro Health Staffing is seeking a Telemetry Registered Nurse (RN).
The Registered Nurse in Telemetry will provide a comforting, safe and healing environment for patients and their families in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Telemetry nurses work with patients that require special monitoring, including those recently released from the intensive care unit of a hospital.
- The Telemetry Registered Nurse (RN) must be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills in the care of his/her patients.
- Each department and service area may also require specialized skills.
- The delivery of care is based on criteria that are age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient.
- The Registered Nurse may rotate to other areas other than his/her normally assigned service area/s and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency.
- Performs duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery.
- Telemetry nurses review data from special equipment to track a patient’s heart rate, blood pressure, breathing and other vitals.
- Must have the capacity to foster a positive work environment, be professional and display positive support of the organization.
- Cares for patients across the lifespan, ranging in age from infant to geriatric.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License, current BLS certification, and other certification requirements to work in telemetry and specialized departments.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Registered Nursing; BSN desirable.
- 1 to 2 years’ acute care/ specialty nursing is desirable; able to articulate and demonstrate appropriate nursing theory and practice.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care.
- Displays appropriate judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.