ProHealth Staffing is seeking an Urgent Care Nurse Manager.
The Urgent Care Nurse Manager assists in restoring patient health by managing the long term and day-to-day management of the Urgent Care Department;, directs and helps develop staff, and provides support for patients, friends, and families
- Manage an exceptional team taking care of patients ranging from sepsis, acute MI, cardiac arrhythmias, and other urgent conditions.
- Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Assures quality of care by managing and adapting hospital policies and standards of care, while also making sure facility is compliant with government guidelines.
- Maintains staffing through hiring, orientation, and firing if need be.
- The Urgent Care Nurse Manager maintains nursing guidelines by managing policies and procedures.
- Provides information to patients and health care team by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by designing and implementing procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from other health care professionals.
- The Nurse Manager will follow financial guidelines, by preparing an annual budget, managing expenditures, and making changes as needs require.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Financial and budget management experience.
- Intermediate Knowledge of regulatory requirements, managed care, health care delivery systems, and nursing practice.
- One (1) year of Nurse Manager experience within an Urgent Care, Walk-in Clinic, Intensive Care Unit, or Emergency Room required.
- Two (2) years of outpatient nursing experience required.
- Infusion, Wound care, and/or IV Therapy experience is a plus.
- Working relationships with Physicians is a plus.
- BSN required. MSN preferred.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, departmental team player, and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills at an individual and team level, ability to be flexible, and adjust quickly and react positively to change.
- Considerable knowledge of principles, practices and current trends in nursing, positive attitude and good work ethics.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.