ProHealth Staffing is seeking a Medical Assistant (MA)
The Medical Assistant will provide basic patient care need to patients while assisting the healthcare team.
- The Medical Assistant (MA) will prepare patients for examination and treatment.
- Take patient histories and vital signs.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Administer injections and applies dressings as instructed.
- Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- Assist physicians in preparing for minor surgeries and exams.
- Assist with scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Order and maintain clinical and office supplies and equipment.
- Maintain patient files, record, and other information.
- Compile and condense technical and statistical data for reports and records.
- Attend required meetings and participate in committees as requested.
- Maintain appropriate communication and good interpersonal skills with Supervisors, staff and patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high quality service.
- Utilize formal channels of communication to report concerns, personal requests, and patient issues.
- Respect patients' rights to privacy and confidentiality.
- Maintain an orderly and professional working atmosphere.
- Adhere to guidelines concerning working hours and break periods.
- Manage time effectively to complete all patient treatments and related activities as assigned.
- Maintain equipment in a clean and safe condition at all times.
- Perform related clerical duties such as filing and scheduling patients as required.
- Demonstrate support to others by offering help.
- Knowledge and skills usually acquired through courses imparted by an accredited Medical Assistant (MA) program.
- Certification obtained from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- 1-2 years of experience in a medical setting is desirable.