8 Healthy Snacks for Nurses
As a nurse, you have a challenging and demanding job. You need fuel to keep your body functioning properly and function the best during your shifts. Being very hungry or not eating the proper nutrients can make you groggy, irritable, and overall just lead to you not functioning well.
- Avocado: Avocados are full of healthy fats making them pretty filling. And let’s face it, they are delicious.
- Almonds: Almonds are also another healthy fat source that will keep you functioning your best during your time at work.
- Whole Eggs: Eggs are not only delicious but are a complete protein source and contain good cholesterol.
- Apples: Apples are full of fiber, delicious, and can help you stay awake due to the natural sugar and vitamins.
- Greek Yogurt: Plain Greek yogurt has large amounts of protein and is full of probiotics which are beneficial for digestion. Add fresh fruit to plain Greek yogurt to create a delicious healthy treat.
- Carrots: Carrots are full of vitamins, luteolin, and don’t have very many calories per serving (so you can eat more…).
- Dark Chocolate: Most of us love sweets. Dark Chocolate is a great option full of antioxidants and is delicious.
- Whole Grains: Whole Grains are filling and full of complex carbs that digest slowly giving energy throughout the day.